Thursday, May 18, 2017

PRIVACY ENHANCED LINUX 64-BIT ARMv8+

PELinux 64-bit is Ubuntu 17.04 with the Budgie Desktop. Alpha1 is a text console only "base" image and is available now as my contribution back to the community. I started this project with an image like this from Collabora and am still using their 3.18 kernel on my Pi 2 running Murdock Edition (Debian 8 with backports). Unfortunately I had problems with Ubuntu's ARM64 kernel so I'm using the Pi Foundation's 4.9.21 AArch64 kernel instead. I also enabled root with password "raspberry" which isn't the Ubuntu-way (I know) but since there's no user account that can sudo at the moment, it seemed like a wise choice.

I might take this down at any time so if you want a "minimal install" without all the garbage I usually include, get it while it's still hot!

LINK REMOVED, USE ALPHA2

No comments:

Post a Comment