Sunday, February 12, 2017

MAYBE NEITHER

I guess the train already left the station on "pure" Debian when I added Linux Mint's Bluetooth manager to R2. And kernel 3.18 has reached end-of-life so while it's still rock solid it's not bleeding edge and backporting stuff to it is a waste of time. Therefore, the time has come for R3 which is:

Debian 8.7 stable
Kernel 4.4.48 (Feb 10th 2017, ARMHF 32bit)
VideoCore 3D acceleration enabled (default 320M mem)
Pi3 WiFi enabled
Pi3 Bluetooth enabled
Analog Audio enabled
Bluetooth Audio enabled
Linux Mint Blueberry Bluetooth Manager
PulseAudio 10 (maybe)
Xorg 1.18.4 (maybe)

This is the last Debian version as I'm switching to Gentoo. Final testing in progress, everything that doesn't say "maybe" is working perfectly... I don't wanna brag but you're not gonna wanna go back to Raspbian. :D

Here are some reviews from our beta testers:

"You can't tell because of this rag on my head but my hair is standing straight up right now." - Yousef al-Shiskabob, senior al-Qaeda recruiter.

"All our Islamic State Peacekeepers use Raspberry Pis running Privacy Enhanced Linux. It helps keep them safe and secure from the Zionist extremists. It's true, I swear!" -- anonymous official from the Islamic State Defense Force.

No comments:

Post a Comment