Monday, February 13, 2017

PACKAGE "BACKPORTS" SUCK

I really don't understand why PulseAudio 7 is in backports when Debian 9 isn't going to use that version. Backported from where exactly? Testing I can understand and FYI they changed from PulseAudio 9 to 10 so it looks like that's what you peeps are gonna get. You heard it here first! And though I like my way of including ALL modules I guess I did miss a dependency or two. For example, I compiled the Privacy Enhanced Linux version of Pulse with OpenSSL support but didn't include that as a required package. So I can see it both ways now and R3 will use the "official" packages.

Unfortunately my efforts to keep extra packages out of the xorg upgrade process didn't work. FWIW though, you'll find two new files in the /etc/apt/preferences.d/ directory, one called jessie.pref and the other stretch.pref which pin stable above testing. I guess it's version dependencies bringing in things like systemd 230. At this point it's only really a problem for users of HID touchscreens though, other users won't notice, so I'm leaving that issue behind.

Looks like release day is TOMORROW! ;)

Privacy Enhanced Linux R3 running on a Raspberry Pi 3 using built-in Bluetooth and WiFi

No comments:

Post a Comment